When do I need to process a Design Review?
A Custom Home Design Review is required for:
1. A new residential construction, and/or
2. Any addition/remodel that increases the existing square footage of legally existing structures on-site by 50% or more.

For example, the combined square footage of an existing 900-square foot home and an existing 400-square foot detached garage is 1300-square feet; therefore, an addition of 650-square feet or more would require a design review.Link to the Custom Home Design Review Application

Show All Answers

1. When do I need to process a Design Review?
2. When do I need to process a Variance?
3. Does the City allow second dwelling units or granny flats on single-family lots?
4. What is a Subdivision?
5. Are modular/prefabricated homes allowed in Chino Hills?
6. Are temporary signs allowed for my business?
7. Do walls/fences require a building permit?
8. Does a second dwelling unit require a Conditional Use Permit?
9. Does the city offer assistance for first time homebuyers?
10. How do I find out the zoning for my property?