Park Gazebo Reservations
Due to COVID-19 All Gazebos are Closed - Reservations Have Been Cancelled and No New Reservations Will Be Taken.
The City of Chino Hills Community Services Department manages the use of the City’s park facilities and gazebos. Many City parks gazebo shelters may be reserved to conduct birthday parities, family gatherings, picnics, or other similar events for groups of up to fifty (50) people. Gazebo shelter reservations are not intended to be used for fundraisers, special events, commercial uses (where a fee is charged or money is collected) activities that are "open to the public," or events/gatherings. A list of rentable gazebos can be found here:
- Alterra Park
- Butterfield Park
- Crossroads Park
- Danbury Park
- English Springs Park
- Fairfield Ranch Park
- Grand Avenue Park
- Los Serranos Park
- Pinehurst Park
- Vellano Park
- Vila Borba Park
How to Rent a Gazebo
Gazebos listed above are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to residents. All other City parks with picnic tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis with no reservation required. Holiday reservations are accepted.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- A "Gazebo Reservation Application" must be completed no later than Wednesday prior to the requested date of use on a Saturday or Sunday reservation. All fees, if applicable, are due at the time of reservation.
- APPLICANT may only reserve one gazebo within a seventy-two (72) hour period, unless approved by the Community Services Director or designee.
- All reservations are FINAL and NON-REFUNDABLE. This includes cancellations due to weather-related conditions.
Chino Hills Residents
- Chino Hills residents can make reservations up to ninety (90) days in advance.
- Chino Hills residents receive their first four (4) hours for free, and are subject to a $25 per hour fee for additional hour(s) of time.
- Non-residents can make a reservation up to thirty (30) days in advance.
- Non-residents may reserve a gazebo for one 4-hour block of time for $100 and are subject to a $30 per hour fee for additional hour(s) of time.
Monday-Sunday: October - March 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
April - September 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Use of the gazebo requires a minimum four (4) hour rental period.
Park Use Rules
- The City of Chino Hills Community Services Department reserves the right to suspend use of a gazebo to those groups or individuals not complying with established rules and regulations.
- APPLICANT shall NOT transfer, assign, or sublet use of the park gazebo rental, or apply for use on behalf of another person or organization.
- The APPLICANT will be held financially and legally responsible for any damage to the gazebo or property that occurs as a result of the rental. The City reserves the right to bill the applicant for repair or replacement costs incurred by such damage to parks and/or park amenities.
- The APPLICANT must present the approved gazebo reservation to City personnel upon request.
- Loudspeakers, public address systems, sound amplification systems, or loud musical instruments may not be used without prior approval and may require a special events permit.
- Inflatable bouncer type equipment, laser tag equipment, petting zoos, game trucks, pony rides and similar items or activities are prohibited at City parks.
- Water activities that can cause damage to the facility and make it unsafe for use are NOT allowed; this includes, but not limited to, water slides and dunk tanks.
- Vehicles are not permitted within any City of Chino Hills parks. All unloading and loading must be done from designated parking stalls, properly marked loading curbs, or designated drop-off areas.
- APPLICANT shall leave the facility in a clean and orderly condition and not remove any City equipment. All trash must be placed in the proper trash receptacles.
- Decorating, setup, and cleanup must be completed within the approved reservation time.
- Decorations must NOT be displayed or installed in such a manner as would damage or deface the gazebo structure, landscaping, or light poles. The use of duct tape, nails, staples, or other sharp materials or instruments are NOT permitted. All balloons, string, streamers, and similar decorations must be thoroughly removed during the cleanup process.
- Alcohol is NOT permitted at any City of Chino Hills parks.
- There shall be no soliciting, sale of merchandise/service, or gambling in any City of Chino Hills parks except under permit granted by the City of Chino Hills.
- The use of incense, confetti, rice, glitter, birdseeds, hay bales, or the release of balloons, is NOT permitted.
- Generators or structures larger than a 10 x 10 EZ-up are not permitted in City parks without a special events permit.
- No fires, liquid fluids accelerates, or charcoal fires are allowed except in predesignated park provided barbecues.