Sidewalk Vendor Permits

Sidewalk Vendor Permits 

Effective August 12, 2021, sidewalk vendors in the public right-of-way (ROW) must obtain a permit through the City of Chino Hills Community Development Department prior to business operation. The Ordinance was approved by City Council on July 13, 2021. 

"Sidewalk Vendor" has the meaning set forth in Government Code Section 51036, subsection (a), currently defined to mean a person who sells food or merchandise from a pushcart, stand, display, pedal-driven cart, wagon, showcase, rack, or other nonmotorized conveyance, or from one's person, upon a public sidewalk or other pedestrian path.

See links below for applications and regulations. Please note that all persons vending are required to have a vendor permit. Appointments are preferred when submitting an application. To schedule an appointment, please click here. For further information, please contact the Community Development Department.

Sidewalk Vendor Permit Application

Sidewalk Vendor Ordinance

Summary of Sidewalk Vendor Requirements

  1. Community Development

    Physical Address
    14000 City Center Drive
    Chino Hills, CA 91709

    Fax: 909-364-2795