Home Improvement Grant
The City-wide Home Improvement Grant Program provides eligible homeowners with grants to assist in revitalizing their properties. Funding is provided by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant Program. Grants will be available up to $7,500.
Applications are available in the Community Services Department and linked below.
- Homeowner must own and occupy the single-family residence for at least one year.
- Gross annual household income may not exceed 80% of the San Bernardino County median income adjusted for family size:
HUD Income Limits
Effective June 1, 2022
*income limits subject to change annually
- Property must be within the City of Chino Hills.
- All property taxes and assessments must be current and the property must not have any recorded property or income tax liens.
- A state and city licensed contractor must perform any home improvement work.
- Applicants may participate in the Home Improvement Grand Program once within any 10-year period.
Home Improvement Grants can be used for a variety of home repairs including, but not limited to, the following:
- Exterior Paint
- Driveway (concrete only)
- Door/Window Replacement
- Roof Repairs
- Garage Door Repairs
- Exterior Structural Repairs
- Drainage/Septic System
If the housing unit in question was built prior to January 1, 1978, the lead-based paint requirements apply.
How to Apply
Persons may apply for the Home Improvement Grant Program by submitting an application and required documents to the City of Chino Hills Community Services Department in the following ways:
- Submit in person at the Community Services counter located on the second floor of City Hall, 14000 City Center Drive, Chino Hills, CA 91709
- Mail to City of Chino Hills, Community Services Department, Home Improvement Grant Program, 14000 City Center Drive, Chino Hills, CA 91709