Traffic Section Information
- The traffic section of the Engineering Division is responsible for the analysis of traffic congestion, delays and collision records throughout the City.
- The staff works closely with adjoining communities and the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) to insure consistency and uniformity with regional transportation programs.
- The traffic section is responsible for review of traffic impact analysis reports prepared by private development projects.
- The section closely aligns its signal designs and study guidelines with those of the California Department of Transportation (CALTRANS).
- The guidelines include information from all regions of the State to insure uniformity for citizens.
The traffic section is also responsible for the design of the City's traffic circulation facilities, including but not limited to:
- Crosswalk Installations
- Street Striping
- Traffic Signals
Some of the Significant Functions Performed by the Traffic Section Include
- Traffic Signal Location Determination, Design, and Construction
- Acquisition and Analysis of Traffic Counts for Streets and Intersections
- Street Speed Limit Determination
- Study and Design of Street Striping
ADT Traffic Counts
Helpful Links to Other Traffic Related Sites