The City of Chino Hills provides bimonthly street sweeping on public streets throughout the City.
Cost of Street Sweeping Services
Property owners pay an assessment of less than $15 per year for street sweeping services.
Street Sweeping Schedule
If you are not sure when your street sweeping day is, please contact the Public Works Department at 909-364-2800 or view the Street Sweeping Schedule.
Additional Program Information
- Public residential streets are swept twice per month.
- Signs are posted at the entrance to each neighborhood so residents are aware of their street sweeping day.
- The City does not provide street sweeping on private streets.
- It is currently illegal to park on the street on street sweeping days from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Residents should warn visitors and contractors not to park on the street on street sweeping day to avoid being ticketed.
- A City Parking Enforcement Officer follows the street sweeper and issues $43 parking citations to vehicles illegally parked on posted street sweeping days.
- Residents are allowed up to three street sweeping waiver requests per year. Waivers must be requested at least 24 hours in advance, prior to sweeping and issuance of citation. Call the Public Works Department at 909-364-2800 to request a waiver.
Street Sweeping Enforcement Program
Clean streets keep storm drains clear of debris, reduce the potential for flooding, and prevent pollutants from reaching the ocean. The Federal Government's Clean Water Act and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit mandates that streets must be kept clean. The Street Sweeping Enforcement Program was launched to facilitate our responsibility to keep streets clean and in response to citizen complaints that the City's street sweeper missed areas where cars were parked. If you have questions about a waiver or the street sweeping enforcement program please contact the Public Works Department at 909-364-2800.