Animal Control

Inland Valley Humane Society

The City of Chino Hills contracts with the Inland Valley Humane Society (IVHS) for animal care and control services. IVHS also provides wildlife information for residents who may encounter wildlife because many homes in Chino Hills back up to large open spaces.

Call the Inland Valley Humane Society:

  • For Licensing Information
  • To Renew Your Dog License
  • For low-cost rabies vaccination clinics
  • For wildlife concerns
  • To report barking dog concerns
  • To report a stray dog or cat
  • To request a rattlesnake pick up when still in your sight
  • To adopt an animal
  • For educational programs
  • To arrange pick-up and disposal of injured, stray, unwanted, or dead animals
  • For animal evacuation information

Licensing Information:

All dogs over four months must be licensed in accordance with State law. Online licensing is available. Owners who have not renewed their dog’s license or who have unlicensed dogs are subject to a $35 penalty. Residents may complete a dog license application and submit a current rabies certificate, a spay or neuter certificate, and the $20 license fee to receive their license. Licenses for unaltered dogs cost $50. Senior citizens, age 65 or older with proof of age, are eligible for a $5 fee for altered dogs.To license your dog, visit the Inland Valley Humane Society.

Chino Hills now requires that all dogs over the age of four months must be microchipped. Contact your veterinarian, local animal rescue organizations, pet store, or the Inland Valley Humane Society to have your dog microchipped. The cost is approximately $30 to insert and register a microchip.

Dog Microchip Information

Dogs must be kept on a leash at ALL times, except when on your own property.

Protect Your Family from Wildlife

Residents should learn the steps (PDF) they can take to protect their families and pets from coyotes and other wildlife and be aware of some important safety tips during rattlesnake season (PDF).