What should you do with your unwanted and expired medication?
Medicine Kiosks are installed at nearby locations such as pharmacies and law enforcement offices for residents to simply drop-off their expired or unwanted medicine for safe and free disposal. Enter your zip code to find a nearby Medication Kiosk on MED-PROJECT website.
How to dispose
- Find a local Medical Kiosk
- Remove any label with personal information on the bottle
- Keep medication in original container or sealed in a plastic bag
- Drop accepted medications off at a medication kiosk
Do not place medicine in the trash or recycling, and never flush them down the toilet.
What is Not Accepted
- Herbal remedies
- Other personal care products
- Medical devices
- Mercury-containing thermometers
- Illicit or illegal drugs
- Pet pesticide products
- Animal medicines
- Biologics (such as insulin)
For more information on Pharmaceutical Waste, visit CalRecycle website.