Council Member Peter Rogers
Peter Rogers was elected to the Chino Hills City Council in November of 2006, and was re-elected in 2010, 2014, and 2018. He has served as Mayor three times in 2009, 2013, and again in 2018. Peter was first appointed to the City’s Parks & Recreation Commission in 1998 after interacting with the Commission for many years as President of Canyon Hills Little League. He served on the Parks & Recreation Commission for eight years, including two terms as Chair and two terms as Vice Chair.
Council Member Rogers lives in District 2 and was elected to represent this District in the November 6, 2018 General Municipal Election. He, like all other Council Members, takes pride in serving his District, and the entire Chino Hills community. Together they continue to guide policy and make decisions for the overall good of the community.
Term of Office
2018 to 2022
View the Campaign Statement 460 Form
City Council Committee Involvement
- City of Chino Hills Committees
- Big League Dreams Sports Park Committee
- Chino Hills Fire Facility Needs ad hoc Committee
- Kiwanis Club of Chino Hills - Boat Parade
- Legislative Advocacy Committee
- Social Media ad hoc Committee
- Chino Basin Desalter Board of Directors
- Finance Committee
- Chino Basin Watermaster Board of Directors
- Chino Hills Community Foundation Board - Chair
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency - Policy Committee
- Tres Hermanos Conservation Authority
- Water Facilities Authority Board of Directors
- Finance Committee
Peter has been an active volunteer and participant in the community since 1988. His first involvement came as a Board Member of the Summit Ranch Homeowners Association in 1988. He served on the Board for 12 years, with six years as President. Peter volunteered for many years as a Board Member and President of Canyon Hills Little League when his sons were young ball players. He is a member and Past President of the Rancho Del Chino Rotary Club. Peter is the Chair of the Chino Hills Community Foundation, which was founded in 2008. He founded chARTS, the Arts Committee of the Foundation in 2013. Peter is tied to numerous local non-profits including Friends of the Chino Hills Branch Library, the Let it Be Foundation, and Caring for the Hills. He also serves on the Pomona Valley Hospital Foundation Board of Directors, and has served as a Board Member of the San Bernardino Workforce Investment Board. Peter enjoys meeting and interacting with residents at the many community events he attends.
- Chino Hills Community Hero - 2002 Awarded by the Los Angeles County Fair and the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
- Small Business Person of the Year - 2000 Awarded by the Small Business Administration and Chamber of Commerce
- California Small Business Person of the Year - 2006 Awarded by the State Legislature for 60th Assembly District
- Showcase Award - 2001 Chino Hills Community Calendar Awarded by the California Parks and Recreation Society
- Outstanding Chino Valley Citizen - 2019 Awarded by Champion Newspapers
Education and Professional Experience
Peter graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from Cal Poly Pomona, with additional studies at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. Peter is a small business owner. His Chino Hills-based company, Peter Rogers Photography, serves the advertising and public relations needs of many major corporations. His 40 years in the industry have included assignments throughout the United States and more than 24 foreign countries. This experience has given him a unique and valuable perspective of many diverse cultures. His photos of our City have also graced the walls of City Hall and the Chino Hills Community Center, the pages of City publications, and have been featured on the City website and the award-winning Chino Hills Community Calendar. Peter serves part time as the District Director for Chairman of the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors, Curt Hagman. He oversees the district office, supervises staff, coordinates casework and communication with constituents, and oversees community outreach efforts.
Peter and his wife, Merry, were married in 1977. They have lived in Chino Hills since 1986. Merry is a Human Relations professional and serves as the HR Director for Generations Healthcare in Costa Mesa. Their adult sons, Christopher and Kevin, attended Chino Valley Unified School District schools and graduated from local colleges. Chris co-owns 18 Wholesale Nutrition Centers (WNC). His wife Ashley is the founder of a healthy snack food company called Spudsy. Kevin has a freelance photography business, Kevin Rogers Photography; and, his wife Angela is the art teacher for Mariners Elementary School in Newport Beach. Kevin and Angela have one daughter, Olive, who is Peter and Merry’s first grandchild. Their rescue dog Chloe is also part of the family. Like many other residents, the Rogers have been thankful to live in a peaceful, safe, and family-oriented community.