Governor's Stay at Home Order
The Governor issued a Stay at Home Order on March 19, 2020, which means everyone is required to stay home except to get food, care for a relative/friend, get necessary health care, or go to an essential job. If you go out, social distancing is imperative. Which means keep at least 6 feet of distance.
What Does a Stay at Home Order Mean?
The California State Public Health Officer and Director of the California Department of Public Health is ordering all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence, except as needed to maintain continuity of operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors, critical government services, schools, childcare, and construction, including housing construction.
The state has posted useful information at covid19.ca.gov.
Response to COVID-19 is a fluid situation. Regulations have been rapidly changing. Clarifications will be provided when available.
Is it OK for me to go out in public?
Stay home except for essential needs. Everyone is required to stay home except to get food, care for a relative or friend, get necessary health care, or go to an essential job. If you go out, keep at least six feet of distance. Learn more at covid19.ca.gov.
It is important to remember that social distancing is very important at this time. If you MUST go out in public, try to maintain at least six feet of distance from other people, and WASH your hands frequently! If you are feeling ill, please stay home, do not go to work, school, or be out in the general public.
San Bernardino Public Health Officer Order
The County’s Public Health Department has issued guidance during this time of increased spread:
- Avoid travel, and gatherings, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER of people.
- A Health Officer Order was placed to cancel all Public and Private gatherings.
- Stay home except for essential needs.
- Exclude employees or visitors with any fever and/or respiratory infection symptoms and visitors with recent travel to any country or region with significant community transmission (including communities in the U.S.) from all schools, businesses, and gatherings of any size. See the CDC’s Travel webpage.
- Follow all social distancing recommendations (six feet between the person next to you or in front of you).