Summer Day Camp
Our Summer Day Camp is a 4-week program designed for children ages 6-12 to participate in a safe, fun, active, and educational environment. Chino Hills Summer Day Camp is geared toward creativity in arts and crafts, physical recreation, games, indoor activities, and the opportunity to make new friends. Your child will be supervised by trained, experienced, caring, and responsible camp leaders, with a daily child to leader ratio of 10 to 1. Camp groups will be no more than 20 children. All campers should bring a lunch and a water bottle daily.
Dates & Times:
Monday, July 12 - Friday, August 6
Monday through Friday
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Week 1: July 12-16 (SOLD OUT)
- Week 2: July 19-23 (SOLD OUT)
- Week 3: July 26-30 (SOLD OUT)
- Week 4: August 2-6 (SOLD OUT)
Class Code: 124001
Registration will be available online. If you do not have a username and password, you can create one at www.chinohills.org/RecOnline. For assistance with online registration or creating an account, please call the Recreation Office at (909) 364-2700.
Registration will also be available in-person at the Government Center Recreation Office located at 14000 City Center Drive, if space is available at the time of visit.
Participants can be registered for any number of individual weeks, based on availability. Once registration capacity has been reached, a waitlist will be established.
Following successful registration, parents/guardians will be given or emailed the Summer Day Camp Information Packet to review, fill out appropriate forms, and sign. The Information Packet must be filled out completely and submitted on the first day of camp. Any child with health conditions that require special accommodations should contact the Program Coordinator at (909) 364-2700 prior to the first day of camp.
Residents: Registration will open on Tuesday, May 25 at 7:30 am
Non- Residents: Registration will open on Tuesday, June 1 at 7:30 am if space is still available.
Residents: $100 per camper/week.
Non-Residents: $115 per camper/week
Payments are due in full at the time of registration.
Chino Hills Community Center, 14250 Peyton Drive
*subject to change
- Week 1: Water Tag
- Week 2: BMX Show
- Week 3: Mad Science Show
- Week 4: Reptile Show
All refund requests MUST be submitted in writing and turned in 10 business days prior to the week you are cancelling. Refunds will only be granted if your spot can be filled, and a Refund Request Form is completed and submitted to the Chino Hills Government Center Recreation Office. Credits will not be given, and fees will not be prorated for any missed days. A $4.00 per week, per participant, processing fee will be deducted.
Day Camp Safety Modifications:
The City of Chino Hills will be making safety modifications to our Day Camp program to help mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 between individuals, including City staff, participants, and instructors. These modifications are based on the guidance of the State of California and the County of San Bernardino. Before attending any scheduled recreation programs, participants will be asked to “self-screen” themselves or their child to ensure they are not experiencing symptoms identified by the most recent CDC guidance.
- All individuals over the age of 2 are required to wear a face mask when entering City facilities, including those participating in recreation programs. Some exceptions apply during outdoor sport and fitness classes when at least six feet of physical distance can be maintained between all participants.
- Campers will be allowed to remove their facial coverings while they are eating their lunch or drinking water in designated eating areas.
- Camp will operate in weekly groups of 20 participants or less. Participants will be separated into different groups based upon their age as best as possible.
- Once participants have been assigned to their group, they will stay with them for the entire week and will not intermingle with other groups.
- Each group will be assigned 2 staff members. Alternates will be assigned only to one specific room.
- Rooms, all activity spaces, and shared supplies (including restrooms) will be cleaned and sanitized frequently and at the conclusion of each program day.
- Parents/Guardians will need to sign-in/out their campers from their assigned room and will not be allowed to enter rooms.
- Parents/Guardians will be required to wear facial coverings during sign-in/out.
- Floor markings will be placed to ensure participants are maintaining 6 feet distance from other participants during activities and transitions.
- Restroom and hand washing breaks have been scheduled to ensure all students are washing their hands frequently.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each room for use at entry and in between restroom breaks and as needed.
- All participants will be assigned their own desk and all activity-specific supplies will be passed out by a staff member.
- Staff will attend training on COVID-19 procedures and camp guidelines.
- An isolation room will be available for any staff or participants that display symptoms of COVID-19.
- The City of Chino Hills will follow the most current health measures provided by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) when a recreation class participant, contract instructor, or City staff member teaching class/program has symptoms, has been in close contact with someone infected, or is diagnosed with COVID-19.
- The city will continue to monitor changes to the State/County COVID-19 guidelines. If any changes are to occur to the program, all participants will be notified.