Listed below are the most common permits required by the City of Chino Hills. This page is provided for informational assistance only, and is not meant to be a complete list of all permits available. If you are still unsure if you need a permit or which permit application(s) are required for your project or have any additional questions, please contact the Community Development Department at (909) 364-2740. 

PermitWhen do I need this permit?
BannerFor temporary advertising of business openings or special events
BuildingRequired to do any type of construction in the City, both Commercial & Residential
EncroachmentApplies to work in the public right-of-way
FilmRequired for video and still photography when filming activity takes place on City property including parks, and various City facilities, and in the public right-of-way such as on City streets, sidewalks, and in the open space
Garage SaleRequired for garage, yard, and rummage sales within the City of Chino Hills
Home OccupationShall apply to all business uses of a single-family or multi-family residence and to all home occupations
RV ParkingRequired in order to temporarily park an RV vehicle or trailer on any street within Chino Hills
Special EventFor temporary use of property for special events (i.e. fairs, carnivals, religious, pageants, etc)
Temporary School ParkingRequired in order to park a vehicle on residential streets near Chino Hills High School and Litel Elementary School
Temporary Single Exhibition Event SignRequired for any sign placed in conjunction with a Temporary Single Exhibition Event, including, without limitation, events such as real estate open house, holiday open house or similar activity.
Wide LoadOversize and overweight loads are only permitted on major arterials and major highways within the City of Chino Hills and require this permit

*NOTE: Applications can change at anytime without notice*